Friday 5 February 2010

My Very First GoAnimate! Production

I've done it! After losing most of the data last night to recovering it just now, I am proud to present my first GoAnimate! slidecast. Many thanks go to Alex Francisco from Zarco English, for her excellent tutorial via the Moodle4Teachers "Web 2.0 Tools" course that I have recently joined. Please click on the link just above the video box to see it in a bigger screen.

GoAnimate.com: Introductions and Icebreakers by Janet Bianchini

Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com.

My first creation is very basic but I am so glad that I persevered. Next time, I will work on moving the characters a bit more and also try to create a dialogue.

I'd like to include a link to Alex's GoAnimate! Screencast which she made in order to introduce the tool to her students, who have created amazing video animations.


This is another video that Alex has created to present the school where she works. I think it's brilliant!

GoAnimate.com: Our School by alexgfrancisco


As you can see from what can be achieved, my first rendition is pretty basic in comparison and one-dimensional, but it's a start!! By the way, did you notice the moving desk? I didn't mean it to move, but never mind :) Also I like the fact that you can introduce your own photos as background and add your voice, to make it a truly personal show. Why don't you have a go and try it out? This tool is great for vocabulary exploitation and dialogue building purposes. It's free and easy to use. I'm going to present mine as an icebreaker and speaking activity with a group of EFL teachers I will be teaching in April at the wonderful Lake School of English, Oxford.

9 comments:

ozgece said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
admin said...

Hi Janet,
I loved your GoAnimate slidecast! You are pretty good at it and it's a great idea to teach conditionals with this slidecast, I'll try mine very soon.
Thansk for introducing GoAnimate =)
Ozge

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Ozge

Thank you for viewing my first animation with this tool. I am sure you will be able to create a fantastic slidecast very quickly, as you are a natural with this sort of technology!

I will be giving the link to your lovely wiki and blog to the primary school teachers I will be teaching in the UK soon. They will find your sites very inspirational.

Michelle said...

Great Job Janet! Keep up the good work! And feel free to message me if you ever need any help or tips.
michelle@goanimate.com

Alex Francisco said...

Hi Janet.

Congratulations on your 1st animation. I love it! :) Am sure, you'll soon be creating lots more. Am very happy and proud to see that our M4T course had a positive impact. ;D

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your positive feedback. I really enjoyed working with GoAnimate and I look forward to having another go soon.

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Alex

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. You are a great teacher and thanks for providing so many excellent examples of what can be done with this tool.

My aim is to create something like your "School" slidecast which is really great. It combines animation with real life and it's lovely to hear your voice!

I hope to look at the Voicethread tutorials on your M4T-Team-O site as soon as I have time. Well done Team-O!!

Mrs. Yollis said...

Janet,

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on our third grade blog.

I followed your link and enjoyed reading your fable and watching your first GoAnimate. The tutorial was fantastic as well.

The photos of your area are very beautiful. Abruzzo is lovely.

Thanks!
Linda Yollis

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Linda

It's great to see you here!

I'm so impressed with what you are doing with your 3rd grade classes. It's lovely stuff. I look forward to making more PhotoPeach quizes in the future and seeing more of your class blog.

Janet